Build Your Own Commercial Contest Official Rules
LIBERTY TAX SERVICE
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. Not open to residents of Florida, New York or Rhode Island.
2. TO ENTER.
- Sign into your YouTube Account. If you do not have a YouTube account, then you can create an account by clicking on “Create Account,” located on the top right hand corner of the webpage and filling out the required information.
- Once you're signed into your account, click on the yellow “Upload” button on the top right corner of the webpage.
- Click on the “Upload Video” button and find your Liberty Tax Application Video saved in your computer. Your video must be saved in one of the following formats:
As your video uploads, there should be a blue status bar near the top of the page keeping track of your upload progress. In the meantime, you can fill in other details such as your video's Title (recommended title name: Build Your Own Commercial – Your Name), Description, Tags, Category and Privacy. Once you fill in these details, click on “Save Changes.”
Once your video is uploaded, the status bar will read, “Success: Your video settings have been successfully saved.” You can then view your video by clicking on, “Go to My Videos.”
Copy the URL (found on the right side of the page in the grey box) on the individual video page and paste into your application.”
- .3GP (cell phones)
- .AVI (windows)
- .MOV (mac)
- .MP4 (ipod/psp)
- .FLV (adobe flash)
- .MKV (h.264)
All entries must be received by 11/3/10 by 5:00 p.m. (E.S.T.). All jingles and television commercials must be performed by the submitting contestant. Lyrics without videotaped performances will not be accepted.
Contest begins 10/11/10 at 5:00 p.m. (E.S.T). Entries received after 5:00 p.m. (E.S.T.) 11/3/10 are void. All submitted entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned; Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, inaccurate, incomplete, damaged, illegible, or misdirected entries. Online entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. By entering, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
3. PRIZE DETAILS: One (1) Grand Prize of $10,000 and One (1) First Prize of $5,000 will be awarded to the qualified entrant whose submission is selected in accordance with the Selection Criteria below. Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes. Federal regulations require the sponsor to issue a 1099 Form to the winner for any prize valued above $500.00. Entries are not transferable.
4. SELECTION CRITERIA: The Grand Prize winning submission and the First Prize winning submission will be selected by a Committee whose members shall be selected by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and as to which submissions the Committee deems best, based on the qualified submissions entered prior to 5:00 p.m. (E.S.T.) on 11/3/10.
5. AWARDING OF PRIZES: Both Prizes will be awarded to the qualified winning entry (entries) received by the deadline date. Winner(s) will be required to sign and return a Liability/Publicity Release prior to receiving prize money. Winner(s) will be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility that must include Winner’s social security number or resident alien identification number. Winner(s) will be determined no later than 11/11/10 by 5:00 p.m. (E.S.T.). The determination of winners and the awarding of the all Prizes will be handled by a Contest Administrator whose decisions are final on all matters pertaining to this contest. The Contest Administrator will use all contact information provided to attempt to notify winner(s). If attempted notifications are unsuccessful, the Prizes will be forfeited. Prizes will be awarded no later than 12/8/10.
6. ODDS OF WINNING; CONSUMER DISCLOSURE: Odds of winning are determined by the number of qualified entries received and the number of winning entries.
7. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open employees of JTH Tax, Inc. d/b/a Liberty Tax Service, its franchisees, area developers and subsidiaries as of 10/11/10, except residents of Florida, New York or Rhode Island.
8. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: Offer void in Florida, New York, Rhode Island and where prohibited. Offer is subject to federal, state, and local laws. Entry constitutes permission to use winner’s names, winning submissions, identities, photographs and likeness for publicity purposes without further compensation (except where prohibited by law). By participating in the contest, participants expressly agree to be bound by these Official Rules and further acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Neither JTH Tax, Inc. d/b/a Liberty Tax Service nor its respective franchisees, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies are responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transmission of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any Web site or online service, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost entries. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void.
Sponsor is not responsible, and shall have no liability and shall be released and held harmless by Winner for any damage, loss, or liability to person or property due in whole or part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize(s) or participation in this contest. As a condition of entering this contest, participant agrees that under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for any losses or damages, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the contest. If, in the Contest Administrator’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the contest, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the contest, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the contest and determine prize winners based upon entries received as of the termination date. Should the contest be terminated prior to the end of the stated entry period, notice will be posted at www.libertytax.com. Any attempt deliberately to damage the content or operation of this contest is unlawful and subject to legal action by the sponsor or its agents. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration before the American Arbitration Association. Any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this contest, but in no event shall attorney's fees be awarded. Any and all disputes shall be resolved under the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia and all contestants agree that any arbitration hearing shall be heard in Virginia Beach or Norfolk, Virginia. Offer void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by any federal, state and local laws.
10. WINNERS LIST REQUEST: Winners’ names and follow-up information will be posted on www.libertytax.com. To request the name of the Winner(s) by mail, send a self-addressed, stamped business size (#10) envelope to: Build Your Own Commercial c/o Marketing Dept., Liberty Tax Service, 1716 Corporate Landing Parkway, Virginia Beach, Virginia 23454. NY, WA and VT residents may omit return postage. Requests must be received by 12/8/10.
11. SPONSOR: JTH Tax, Inc. d/b/a Liberty Tax Service. All rights reserved. JTH Tax, Inc. d/b/a Liberty Tax Service is headquartered at 1716 Corporate Landing Parkway, Virginia Beach, Virginia 23454.