Liberty Tax® Professional Powered Audit Assistance
Terms and Conditions
Professional Audit Assistance Terms and Conditions
The Liberty Tax Service® Professional Audit Assistance is available only to Eligible Users, as defined below, subject to the following terms and conditions.
Professional Audit Assistance is available to Liberty Tax Service® users in the following instances:
- Federal Tax Return. Any user who uses the software found at libertytax.com/online to submit their 2015 Individual Federal Income Tax Return is eligible to receive assistance in the event of an audit. The return must be filed through libertytax.com/online (via efile or print & mail), accepted by the Internal Revenue Service and the user must have used the Liberty Tax Service® software in accordance with the terms, conditions and license agreement.
- State Tax Return. Any user who uses the software found at libertytax.com/online to submit their 2015 Individual State Income Tax Return is eligible to receive assistance in the event of an audit. The return must be filed through libertytax.com/online (via efile or print & mail), accepted by the State in which the return was filed and the user must have used the Liberty Tax Service® software in accordance with the terms, conditions and license agreement.
All eligible users, as determined above, are entitled to the following support under the Professional Audit Assistance Program:
- Liberty Tax® Will:
- Explain to you what you can expect during the audit of your 2015 individual tax return.
- Review and discuss with you the notice from the IRS or State regarding your 2015 tax return.
- Not provide legal assistance or legal representation.
- Not pay or reimburse you for penalties or interest imposed by Federal or State Tax Agencies.
In order to receive Professional Audit Assistance from Liberty Tax®, you must do the following:
- If you receive any notice from the IRS or your State Taxation Department regarding your eligible 2015 Liberty Tax Service® return, you must notify Liberty Tax Service® within sixty (60) days of receipt of the notice by using the Customer Support link found within your libertytax.com/online account.
- You must promptly provide Liberty Tax Service® with copies of all correspondence, notices, copies of the printed tax return at issue, and any other documents related to your return or the notice received.
- Professional Audit Assistance DOES NOT apply to:
- Returns rejected by the IRS or your State's Department of Taxation
- Any return not completed/submitted to the IRS/State using Liberty Online
- Returns that were prepared or filed in violation of any end user license agreement of Liberty Tax Service®
- Notices that are received from the IRS or state that are received three years or more from the filing deadline for the 2015 return
- The calculation of estimated tax payments or repayment of mistakenly refunded estimated tax payments
- Amended returns
- Any returns relating to previous years
Frequently Asked Questions
- I used Liberty Tax Service® and I just got a letter from the IRS or my State Taxation Department. What should I do?
Log into your account at libertytax.com/online. Contact customer support with the details of your correspondence. If you meet the eligibility requirements as stated in the Terms and Conditions, a Liberty Tax Service® Professional will then contact you.
- Will Liberty Tax Service® prepare an amended tax return for me?
Yes, your Liberty Tax Service® Professional will help you every step of the way, including preparing an amended return for you, if necessary. Additional fees may apply.
- Who will be responsible for any penalties, interest payments or additional tax as a result of an amended return?
You are responsible for payment of penalties and interest. Liberty Tax Service® may pay penalties and interest under the Accuracy Guarantee if there is an error in the Liberty Tax Service® preparation software which caused a calculation error; subject to terms and conditions. Please contact Liberty Tax Service®'s Customer Support for more information.
*Liberty Tax Service® CPAs do not provide legal representation. Audit services constitute tax advice only. Consult an attorney for legal advice. Void where prohibited.