Liberty Tax Professional Powered Audit Assistance
Terms and Conditions
Professional Audit Assistance Terms and Conditions
The Liberty Tax Service Professional Audit Assistance is available only to Eligible Users, as defined below, subject to the following terms and conditions.
Professional Audit Assistance is available to Liberty Tax Service users in the following instances:
- Federal Tax Return. Any user who uses the software found at libertytax.com/online to submit their 2015 Individual Federal Income Tax Return is eligible to receive assistance in the event of an audit. The return must be filed through libertytax.com/online (via efile or print & mail), accepted by the Internal Revenue Service and the user must have used the Liberty Tax Service software in accordance with the terms, conditions and license agreement.
- State Tax Return. Any user who uses the software found at libertytax.com/online to submit their 2015 Individual State Income Tax Return is eligible to receive assistance in the event of an audit. The return must be filed through libertytax.com/online (via efile or print & mail), accepted by the State in which the return was filed and the user must have used the Liberty Tax Service software in accordance with the terms, conditions and license agreement.
All eligible users, as determined above, are entitled to the following support under the Professional Audit Assistance Program:
- Liberty Tax Will:
- Explain to you what you can expect during the audit of your 2015 individual tax return.
- Review and discuss with you the notice from the IRS or State regarding your 2015 tax return.
- Not provide legal assistance or legal representation.
- Not pay or reimburse you for penalties or interest imposed by Federal or State Tax Agencies.
In order to receive Professional Audit Assistance from Liberty Tax, you must do the following:
- If you receive any notice from the IRS or your State Taxation Department regarding your eligible 2015 Liberty Tax Service return, you must notify Liberty Tax Service within sixty (60) days of receipt of the notice by using the Customer Support link found within your libertytax.com/online account.
- You must promptly provide Liberty Tax Service with copies of all correspondence, notices, copies of the printed tax return at issue, and any other documents related to your return or the notice received.
- Professional Audit Assistance DOES NOT apply to:
- Returns rejected by the IRS or your State's Department of Taxation
- Any return not completed/submitted to the IRS/State using Liberty Online
- Returns that were prepared or filed in violation of any end user license agreement of Liberty Tax Service
- Notices that are received from the IRS or state that are received three years or more from the filing deadline for the 2015 return
- The calculation of estimated tax payments or repayment of mistakenly refunded estimated tax payments
- Amended returns
- Any returns relating to previous years
Frequently Asked Questions
- I used Liberty Tax Service and I just got a letter from the IRS or my State Taxation Department. What should I do?
Log into your account at libertytax.com/online. Contact customer support with the details of your correspondence. If you meet the eligibility requirements as stated in the Terms and Conditions, a Liberty Tax Service Professional will then contact you.
- Will Liberty Tax Service prepare an amended tax return for me?
Yes, your Liberty Tax Service Professional will help you every step of the way, including preparing an amended return for you, if necessary. Additional fees may apply.
- Who will be responsible for any penalties, interest payments or additional tax as a result of an amended return?
You are responsible for payment of penalties and interest. Liberty Tax Service may pay penalties and interest under the Accuracy Guarantee if there is an error in the Liberty Tax Service preparation software which caused a calculation error; subject to terms and conditions. Please contact Liberty Tax Service's Customer Support for more information.
*Liberty Tax Service CPAs do not provide legal representation. Audit services constitute tax advice only. Consult an attorney for legal advice. Void where prohibited.