PROFESSIONAL Liberty Tax® Professional Audit Assistance is FREE to All Liberty Tax® Customers
Get free Professional Audit Assistance from the tax professionals at Liberty Tax Service® when you file with Liberty Tax®. As the only online tax company to offer this free service to its customers, Liberty Tax® guarantees professional support throughout the entire process for those audited by the IRS or their state. This is just one more way Liberty Tax® strives to make filing easy, convenient and more affordable for all of its customers.
The Liberty Professional Audit Support Process
- Simply choose Liberty Tax® to file your 2015 federal and/or state tax return. Once your return is successfully filed (via efile or print & mail) and accepted by the appropriate taxing agency, you are eligible to receive Liberty Tax®'s Professional Audit Assistance.
- If the IRS or your State's Department of Revenue contacts you for auditing purposes, contact Liberty Tax® through the Customer Support Link on your account and a Liberty Tax® audit specialist will be assigned to help you through the process. Conditions apply; see Terms and Conditions for details.
Your Liberty Tax Service® Professional will:
- Explain to you what you can expect during the audit of your 2015 individual tax return.
- Review and discuss with you the notice from the IRS or State regarding your 2015 tax return.
Enhanced Audit Assistance
With Enhanced Professional Audit Assistance (available for an additional fee), your Liberty Tax Service® Professional will perform the following duties:
- Recommend ways for you to prepare for the audit, including providing guidance as to what types of records the IRS or State may be requesting.
- Assist you whenever possible with responses that you will need to send in response to the communications from the IRS or State regarding your 2015 tax return.
- Go over all the results with you after the audit is complete and discuss with you possible next steps.
*Liberty Tax Service® does not provide legal representation. Audit services constitute tax advice only. Consult an attorney for legal advice. Void where prohibited. To view complete terms and conditions, click here.