Where Is My Refund?
Check Your State Or Federal Refund Status With Our Tax Refund Trackers
With the IRS tax refund tracker, you can learn about your federal income tax return and check the status of your federal refund instantly. The IRS' “Where’s My Tax Refund” (WMR) tool provides a safe, fast and easy-to-use portal to track your 2020 refund just 24 hours after it has been received. If you’re seeking the status of an amended return, call the IRS directly at 1-800-829-1040. Found your federal return, but looking to get your refund even faster? When you file with Liberty Tax®, you may pre-qualify for an advance loan on your IRS tax refund. Learn more today.
Ways To Make The Tax Refund Process Easier
Find your tax refund fast by proactively checking your IRS federal tax return status. Before filing and using the ”IRS Where’s My Refund” portal to track your 2020 government return, consider:
- Reviewing your return carefully. Mistakes can delay your return’s progress on the tax refund tracker. Be sure to review your information carefully before filing with the IRS.
- Filing early. The earlier you file, the sooner you can check the status of your IRS federal tax return. Early filing also provides more time to deal with issues should something go wrong.
- E-Filing your return. Instead of spending 6-8 weeks wondering “where’s my tax refund from the IRS?”, do yourself a favor and file electronically. E-Filed government returns are typically processed in under half the time as paper returns.
- Opting for direct deposit. Avoid waiting for your check by having your IRS refund deposited into your account. Once the WMR reads “Refund Approved,” your money will be ready to spend.
- Tracking your 2020 refund right away. Staying up-to-date on your return ensures you’re in the loop every step of the way.
Organize Now For The 2020 Tax Season
The 2020 tax preparation season is right around the corner, and there’s no better time than now to learn your tax bracket, know when taxes are due and start organizing your return—particularly before the tax collector comes knocking at your door.
Take advantage of these tax preparation resources to help you understand your family’s tax bracket and be ready for the tax collector when your 2020 federal tax return is due.
Catalog Your Records
Tax preparation requires good record-keeping. Here are several helpful tips for organizing your tax records after you file and using the tax refund tracker.
Free Mileage Calculator
Use our free mileage calculator to estimate how much you can save on your 2020 tax return.
W4 Withholdings Calculator
Calculate your W-4 allowances now to know what to expect when the 2020 tax collector comes around.
Be ready when your taxes are due with the 2020 tax organizer.
Use the W-2 Express tool to locate your tax forms and better understand your 2020 tax bracket.
Learn more about all the Refund Options that you have.